Beyond The Party: Simple Thoughts on Birthday Acknowledgment

Beyond The Party: Simple Thoughts on Birthday Acknowledgment

I never thought my heart would ask me to write about birthdays and its special meanings, until one day, a wake up call came to me through a language learning app. It’s like God assigned me a task to write down my ideas on indifference and uncomfortable feelings towards birthdays. Therefore, I’m trying my best to break down my thoughts into an easy-to-understand content.

But, before I go ahead, I want to inform you that you can now support me with this blog by clicking buy me french fries. Thanks in advance!

To make long story short, I was catching up and chilling with online friends, having conversations on so many different topics. There was this guy, coming up with a question for everyone in the group chat, wanting to hear each of the member’s opinion on birthday celebrations.

“Is it important to celebrate our birthday?” He asked. “I just feel it nothing magical, just like ordinary days. So, why is it even worth remembering?”

Without taking so much time, I quickly gave him a reply.

“Birthday is important to celebrate because it’s another year of life.” And then, he reacted again.

“Yeah, but every day is another day of life, so y’all gotta stop celebrating birthdays every year! It’s a waste of time! I ain’t gonna do that.”

Birthdays Might Be Dry, But Their Special Meanings Endure

Outside of my group of friends, I’ve seen many people feel uneasy about their birthdays, as if it’s wrong to make them meaningful. Some people know it’s good to celebrate, but they panic when talking about birthday plans.

While some people choose not to care, just like that guy above, they often try to force others to follow their indifference, rather than connecting their birthdays to other values in order to replace the money-wasting party thing.

Sadly, those who don’t care are  too busy labling others wrong and declaring they’re right themselves, instead of being aware that birthdays have special meanings that will endure, even if it feels so dry in their minds.

Past Experiences Make Your Indifference Towards Birthdays

If you have some certain feelings without knowing why, I recommend to look back at your past. Please, it’s always best to find answers from your past experiences, as they influence how you deal with your current situations, including your indifference towards birthdays.

“The past is in the past” usually means, anything bad that happened in your past shouldn’t affect the way you build your future. To me, however, the affect of past experiences is undeniable. You might feel weird and choose not to care about birthdays because of these following reasons from your past.

  • In the past, birthdays have traumatized you with embarrassing incidents that still haunt you today
  • Birthdays make you feel disappointed with your stagnant life, but there’s nothing you can do about it
  • Birthdays make you feel unsucceed compared to others who do better
  • You feel not deserve rewarding birthday celebrations, because you have lost a lot in your life

Be Open-Minded, Acknowledge The Birthday Special Meanings

Regardless of the reasons that might make you feel unspecial about birthdays, that once-a-year moment always holds its own special meanings, and those meanings will always endure. But, no one finds them without open-mindedness.

Now, observe yourself, look at yourself and the mirror and ask, “am I openminded yet”?

Open-minded is the key to unlock your acknowledgment to once-a-year moments. Open-mindedness is the most important step for you to start redefining what birthdays mean to you. With open-mindedness, I’ve come to understand these special meanings towards birthdays that will always endure.

  • Birthdays mean yearly self-appreciation that don’t need fancy celebration
  • Birthdays mean chances to practice self-reflection, not self-destruction
  • Birthdays are opportunities to smile at many progress, including failures, losses, and even scars from traumatic experiences in your past
  • Birthdays are there to let you create good changes with the power of support from yourself and love ones

In the end,You’ll find it fun to add personalized birthday meanings for yourself. You’ll find out that it’s easy and healthy to redefine what birthdays mean to you. Plus, you’ll see that birthdays are about much more than the money-wasting parties.

Closing Statement

That’s all the thoughts I can share about acknowledgment to birthdays. I highly appreciate all of you for clicking this post. I look forward to hear your feedback.

Please leave me some comments here! Or, you can also click  buy me French fries to support me. Thanks in advance! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Simple Thoughts, Belief, and Personal Stories on Reincarnation

Poem on Unreal Personality: Fickle Face

Simple Thoughts and Tips on Values of Perfection in Humanity